Friday 10 September 2010

Uni, Ten Years On

Sunday, September 10th 2000, was my first day at the University of Stirling. I remember the day very well. Rangers Drew with Dundee the previous day and the number one song was 'Lady' by Modjo, an old favourite.



I remember standing in the entrance to Macrobert Theatre, waiting on my induction, thinking how strange the whole experience would be, and in reflection, I was right. I was originally signed up to do modules in environmental science, sociology and economics, however the economics was swiftly dropped for history. I never fully understood the other side of university until I was well into my first semester, and I reckon if I'd had attended at least one open day, I would have been enlightened on the social aspect of uni life.

However, the years trundled along, as did the graduations, and now, ten years later, I am (or at least think I am) approaching the final straight. It has been such an enormous part of my life, and it would be difficult to imagine life without it, a stark contrast to that sunny day back in September 2000!

No comments: