Friday 15 August 2008

Good intentions...

This blog got started about a year ago, I had time on my hands. With a decent 'blogspot' name I set out with the best of intentions...then stopped! However, wheel forward a year, a lot has happened, and it might be interesting to document the thoughts of what I will now bracket as 'crunch time'. The thesis is ongoing, nearly 40% of it has been written up. One more fieldtrip to freezing cold Iceland and the fieldwork will be done; a month or two in the lab and the micromorphology will be done; the labwork is complete (apart from what i'm about to bring back). As I slowly piece the ends of this everlasting project together, I set myself the target of finishing it before summer 2009, exactly the same time it took me to obtain an undergraduate degree; three years and nine months.

So, as I set off with good intentions, I will visit this blog every now and again to see that I do have good intentions, and also to write down how it's going. All good I hope!

No comments: